The purposes of the Talbot County Republican Central Committee are:
- To be the governing body of, and the official spokesman for, the Republican Party in Talbot County, Maryland.
- To cooperate with the Republican Party of Maryland and with the Republican National Committee.
- To establish and operate an effective Republican political organization for Talbot County.
- To seek to register new voters as Republicans and to encourage those already registered otherwise to change the registration to the Republican Party.
- To secure the election of all duly nominated Republican candidates.
- To fill vacancies in, and in nominations for, public office.
- To coordinate and assist Republican activities in Talbot County; to engage in fundraising to support the activities enumerated above.
- To promote the principles, objectives, and platform of the Republican Party.
- To engage in such other activities as are reasonably necessary and proper to accomplish the forgoing purpose.